The Dolphin Triton PS is a powerhouse of a pool cleaner, designed for pool owners who want a deep, thorough clean without any fuss or hassle. With a sleek, ergonomic design and an impressive feature list, the Triton PS is dressed to impress on the outside.
But what about the inside? The manufacturer and owners alike talk about the power and effectiveness of this unit, so we researched what makes this cleaner tick – and whether its performance met with the hype.
We examined buyer reviews, manufacturer specifications and video demonstrations online and have seen this unit in action on pools of all shapes and sizes. In this review we’ll tell you whether or not the Dolphin Triton PS passes the test and gets our “thumbs-up”.
Exceptional Wall And Waterline Cleaning With PowerStream Technology
It’s worth noting that the Dolphin brand more than 35 years behind it, which has given the manufacturers decades to continue to refine their designs, technology and engineering.
Video reviews from owners show the Triton PS easily scaling walls and staying flush against them all the way to the waterline, ensuring the scrubbing brushes remain in constant contact with the surface.
Maytronics credits this sticking power to its PowerStream Mobility System, which uses multi-directional water jets to guarantee a constant grip on vertical walls.
In these videos, we’ve seen the Triton PS faithfully chugging along the waterline, staying put long enough to deliver a deep clean before moving on to the next section of the pool.
If waterline cleaning is important to you, then you’ll want to consider this unit as the PowerStream system consistently keeps the unit tightly against the wall as it cleans. Rollovers or fall-offs at the waterline don’t seem to be an issue with the Triton.
If you’re not interested in waterline cleaning, you can take a look at the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus – which doesn’t include this feature and sells for a little bit less.
Patented, No-Tangle Cable
If you’ve ever experienced cable tangling with other pool cleaners you’ll be very happy to know that the Dolphin Triton PS has a tangle-free cable that lets you “set it and forget it” with every cleaning cycle.
A patented “swivel unit” built into the Triton’s cable allows the unit to move freely around the pool without bunching up or knotting.
(Reviewers note that to make the most of this anti-tangling feature, uncoil only as much cable as is necessary for the length of your pool.)
Extra Large Debris Basket Handles Big Jobs With Ease
The Dolphin Triton PS has a surprisingly large debris basket, with “remove and rinse” filters built into each side for easy cleaning. Just pop them out, give them a quick wash with your hose, and they’re ready to go back into the basket.
The user-friendly filters on the Triton PS are also easy to manage – each filter is numbered so you know where to put it, and they align smoothly and easily when sliding back in place.
Additionally, a convenient hinge allows the bottom of the basket to swing open, allowing debris to fall out on its own without having to shake the basket to empty it.
Special Features Of This Unit
While key features like a powerful motor get plenty of attention for the Dolphin Triton PS, there are others that deserve some spotlight.
First is their patented CleverClean technology, which uses a scanning system to map out your pool. This allows the machine to choose the most efficient cleaning route and navigate around obstacles without losing its place.
The large, ergonomically designed handle for the unit is also a nice plus, making it easy to take the Triton PS in and out of the pool.
Another satisfying feature is the Quick Water Release system. Just angle the Triton towards the pool as you’re removing it, press the switch, and gravity will do the work for you, emptying debris-free water from the front of the machine.
The Triton PS is also energy efficient – with no hoses or pumps to operate, this pool cleaner clocks in at only 5 cents per kw/h to run for the entire cleaning cycle.
Features and Specifications
- Suitable for pools up to 50 feet
- Extra-large filter basket
- Easy-clean filters with dual-level filtration (fine and ultra-fine)
- Dual scrubber brushes
- Tangle-free cable
- Powerful suction motor
- 2 Hour cleaning time
- Wall and waterline scrubbing
- Energy efficient, water resistant power supply
- 3 automatic scheduling settings (every day, every other day, or every 3rd day)
- 1-button operation
- Easy grip handle for removing unit from pool
- Quick water release empties the robot without releasing debris
- Light, ergonomic design
- PowerStream Mobility System (ensures constant grip on vertical surfaces for more efficient cleaning along walls and waterline)
- Advanced CleverClean scanning ensures complete pool coverage
- Suitable for fiberglass or vinyl surfaces
- Optional caddy for extra convenience
- 24 Months Limited Warranty
Customer Reviews and Impressions
The Dolphin Triton PS gets quite favorable reviews from the majority of owners, who consistently say the unit gets the job done without hassle or fuss.
Many reviewers appreciate the two sets of filters on the unit – fine and superfine – which let them choose the level of filtration appropriate to the season.
As with all pool cleaners, buyers point out individual challenges that they’ve experienced during operation of their unit, and a few small issues were raised.
One reviewer mentioned the Triton PS left a small amount of debris in angled corners, and another said the unit got stuck on their large drain, but most owners report problem-free operation over drains.
Overall, the majority of owners report that they are very satisfied with the Dolphin Triton PS’s performance in their pool.
They indicate the Triton PS is a reliable pool cleaner that shines in the “turn it on and walk away” department – with the highest praise coming from owners grateful for more time freed up to enjoy their pool.
We think the Dolphin Triton PS is a worthwhile investment for anyone who truly wants a pool cleaner that can reliably do its job unattended.
After thoroughly reviewing the positive responses from online reviews and demonstration videos from owners, our final conclusion is that the Dolphin Triton PS gets our recommendation as a robot pool cleaner that will live up to its promises.
- Hand off your pool cleaning duties for good! With the Triton PS, your pool will be left clean and ready for splashing fun in just 2 hours. Ideal for pools up to 50 feet, sit back and relax while Dolphin does all the hard work for you.
- Built to deliver a deep clean. The Triton PS is powerfully nimble on vertical surfaces for intense wall and waterline scrubbing. With superior filtering capabilities, dirt and debris can't hide from this underwater cleaning machine.
- Sustainably designed and energy efficient. Unlike suction and pressure cleaners, Dolphins are independent cleaning machines that do not rely on your pool pump or filter to get the job done. Extend the life of your pool’s system and save energy with every pool cleaning.
- Say, “hello” to your newfound free time. Schedule the Triton PS to automatically clean your swimming pool each week using 3 settings- every day, every other day, or every 3rd day. Pool cleaning has never been easier
- With more than 35 years of cleaning the world’s residential swimming pools, Dolphins provide pool owners with a hassle-free cleaning solution of unmatched performance and longevity. Get back to what really matters; spending time with family and friends.
Last update on 2021-01-18 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API